What is Art?

I was going to name this short series of blogs "A+E: The Artist and the Engineer". 

So, why is Art so different to Engineering? 

Well, Art is always good art. There's no such thing as bad art, because it all lies in the eye of the beholder. There is, however, bad engineering. A badly engineered thing just won't work, and everyone would see that. 

Therefore I maintain it is more difficult to be an Engineer than a Artist.

To prove this I shall create some art of my own. All I have to do is make an arrangement of items and (in this case) light and photograph it carefully, then declare it to be Art.

Here is one I did recently: 

BTW. I would sell you this piece of art, but trust me, you couldn't afford it.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Casting a shadow

The white stuff